Friday, July 12, 2013

Workout!


Talk about being inspired! OK, I'll admit I'm 30-something. I'm a full time working mom who for the past year has totally focused on my new photography career and let myself go. Mentally as well as physically. What ever was closest and quickest, is what I ate. I was embarrassed when my daughter found my secret "stash" of goodness I kept in my bed-stand drawer that no one knew of. It was time for a change.

First of all I needed a time-out. I took a four day weekend and totally refocused on what's important, and my health was top on the list. I had been following Alissia from Rags to Stitches fitness journey these past few months and felt very motivated. So when she posted the 30-day ab challenge here, the same day my cancer-survivor now fitness junkie cousin said she's be my backbone support, and my teenage daughter hit her 30lb weight loss goal, I started. Not a diet. A healthier lifestyle. This week alone I've already lost 4lbs but right now that matters the least. I've exercised everyday, ate all healthy nutritious meals and feel SO ENERGIZED! Did I also mentioned I stopped drinking coffee cold turkey? Crazy right?!?! It hasn't been easy, but is getting much better. 

Highlight of my week: Mastered the frog stand. Yay!

I would love to hear your fitness journey. Let's keep each other motivated! 
Let's do this! 

Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. This is so amazing friend!!!! You got this and we're cheering you on your journey! Look at every little step as a big success!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seeing your photo inspired me to try the frog stand. Mind you I am forty-something and haven't been to the gym in ages. Needless to say, it wasn't pretty. I think I'll have to start back up at the gym. ;)
    Good for you for taking some time for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome! Congratulations! I've never, ever exercised in my life until my son was born, and then it kind of kicked me into fitness overdrive. I just finished an eight week boot camp and have been trying to run/jog every night, weather permitting. It feels good to be on this journey of a healthier lifestyle, like you said!

    Also, kudos on the cold turkey coffee quitting! I did that when I was pregnant and, oh my gosh, it was rough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on kicking coffee cold turkey! I really need to stop the Diet Coke! really! I'm trying the once a day thing for now. I wasn't blogging while I was pregnant and now I am back and following Alissia's fitness journey too. I just started the Couch to 5K running series. Hoping to run my 1st 5k soon! Keep it up. COngrats on the weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome and so inspiring! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Go for it Laura! I keep a little 'stash' in my bedside drawer too. I need to throw it away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was very useful for me. Keep sharing such ideas in the future as well. This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...